When Captain Richard With established the Norwegian Coastal Express in 1893, he made an enormous impact on life along the Norwegian coastline. The MS Richard With lives up to that legacy.
Relax in the ship´s panorama lounges∘ and take in the unforgettable views of remarkable coastal scenery, much of it the same as when the first Hurtigruten boats sailed by more than a century ago. Beautiful art throughout the ship´s interior adds contemporary elegance to the vessel´s maritime ambience.
Refurbishment in 2018
More comfort, new technology and better views of the spectacular Norwegian coast. MS Richard With emerged as a brand new ship in December 2018 during the largest upgrade project in Hurtigruten's history.
- The upgrade saw a number of new features being added to the ship:
- All staterooms and suites are fully upgraded∘ to match Hurtigruten’s new standards. On deck 6, a number of cabins were merged into 14 larger suites, some with large bay windows and spectacular views.
- In addition to a full makeover, the aft-facing Torget main restaurant has large deck-to-ceiling windows.
- The brand-new Activity Center will act as the on-board headquarter for Hurtigruten’s Expedition Team.
- Kysten Fine Dining - serving innovative dishes based on high quality, local produce such as ultra-fresh seafood - is slightly different from other Hurtigruten ships, and also be open for a la carte lunch.
- The gym on deck 7 is bigger, the sauna upgraded and two aft-facing outdoor hot tubs are added.
- Two new lecture halls have been added on deck 4, together with the open Kompass information and shopping area, where guests can enjoy exclusive offers on outdoor clothing and other items.
- On deck 7, the informal and hugely popular Hurtigruten venue Multe Bakery is now open- serving freshly baked cakes and pastries, smørbrød (open sandwiches with generous amounts of topping), smoothies, a large assortment of local ice cream with homemade toppings, premium coffee, organic∘ herbal tea, and premium juice.
- The forward-facing Explorer Lounge and Panorama Bar offer a unique atmosphere and the best views on the ship – with front-row seats for enjoying the Northern Lights, Midnight Sun, wildlife and nature as it passes by.